Hello chapter members, it has been an exciting year for PMISavannah.
Our membership growth has surpassed last year and we are no longer the smallest chapter in our region.
It is all thanks to you our membership!
So it time again for our officer elections. We have some wonderful opportunities for leadership and growth in our chapter. The following are the officer positions up for this year's election.
|Candidate(s)||Office and Terms from By Laws|
|Lee Rachlin||President (One-year term)|
|P. Shaniqua Atkinson||Vice President of Communications (One-year term)|
|needed||Vice President of Volunteers (Two-year term)|
|needed||Vice President of Finance (Two-year term)|
|Doug Winters||Vice President of Education (Two-year term)|
Call for nominations end on October 12th, 2019.
The following are roles and responsibilites for the board positions
In addition to the specific items posted under reach role below, here are the responsibilities common to all Board of Director Members:
• Active participation in committed role whether elected or appointed
• Collaboration with fellow Board Members and Chapter Volunteers
• Provide value to the Chapter Membership
• Create yearly Chapter Budget
• Attend all Monthly Board of Director Meetings(voting members)
• Attend Strategy Planning Meetings
• Support Monthly Chapter Meetings; Network with members, provide guidance
• Support recruitment of volunteers to assist the Chapter including potential candidates to fill their own board position
• Mentor Director roles in their roles and responsibilities and also as potential candidates to fill their position
• Participate in regional activities by attending conference calls and the Regional Leadership Meeting
• Participate in national PMI activities by attending the National Leadership Meeting, staying informed by reading Friday Facts, and familiarizing yourself with the PMI Component System
• Maintain knowledge of the Chapter Bylaws and Chapter Charter Agreement with PMI; participate in update to bylaws as needed
• Update position description and transition plan for incoming board member
• Gain and maintain knowledge of PMI Savannah Chapter’s Proteon Website in order to accomplish role responsibilities
• Respond to inquiries in a timely manner both internal and external to the chapter
• Provide reports and required and requested
Time: 10-20 hours per month (Disparity determined by whether there is a President Elect in office)
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Elected volunteer responsible for overall oversight of the PMI Savannah Chapter and the Board of Directors. The President shall direct the activities of the other Board of Directors Members in accordance with the Chapter Bylaws.
The President shall be the chief executive officer for the PMI Savannah Chapter and of the Board of Directors, and shall perform such duties as are customary for presiding officers, including making all required appointments with the approval of the Board. The President shall also serve as a member ex-officio with the right to participate and vote on all committees except the Nominating Committee.
• Provide leadership and guidance to Board Members, Volunteers, and Chapter event attendees
• Uphold PMI’s Code of Ethics and ensure all Board Members and Volunteers do so
• Ensure PMI Policies are upheld as outlined in the Policies Manual for PMI Components
• Host Monthly Chapter Meetings; provide announcements, initiate introductions, and close the meeting
• Coordinate venues for Board of Directors and Semi-annual Strategic Planning Meetings
• Host Monthly Board of Directors Meetings
• Host Semi-annual Strategy Planning Meetings
• Attend all Board of Directors Meetings either in person or via teleconference
• Manage transition for all Board of Directors positions
• Assist with Volunteer interviews and onboarding
• Maintain communication between PMI and Board of Directors Members as needed for coordination and ongoing Chapter business
• Ensure component’s governing documents are updated, upheld, and enforced
• Keep component’s incorporation/registration renewed with respective government authorities
• Ensure component activities, programs, products, and services are in compliance with PMI Charter Agreement
• Ensure component has filed and reported required tax reports with the appropriate governments
• Provide copies to PMI GOC with component’s annual Charter Renewal
• Ensure authorizing signatures are on record at any banking institution holding component funds
• Ensure component is represented at one PMI Leadership Institute meeting per year
Role: VP of Finance
Time: 5 to 10 hours per month
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Elected volunteer responsible for finance. Responsible for maintaining and presenting all financial records required for the PMI Savannah Chapter operations in accordance with Chapter and bylaws.
• Maintain chapter financials
• Report checking account balance at each Board and Chapter Meeting
• Facilitate and support other Board f Directors Members in creation of the Chapter budget
• Maintain Chapter budget – Actuals to Plan
• Verify all receipts submitted for payment; submit payment in timely fashion
• Collect checks and cash from attendees at all meetings and functions or those paid in advance; Perform reconciliation
• Deposit all receipts in a timely fashion
• Maintain Quicken database, updating all income and expense
• Reconcile bank statements
• Submit required tax documents as requested
• Manage PayPal notifications for all purchases
• Provide summary of PayPal purchases and PayPal payment at monthly board meetings
Role: VP of Volunteers
Time: 10-15 hours per month
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Elected volunteer responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing the special events of the PMI Savannah Chapter.
• Responsible for volunteer recruitment and/or retention
• Responsible for providing clear expectations to volunteers regarding their roles
• Understand and leverage experience of volunteers and direct them to various initiatives in the chapter
• Responsible for identifying and developing programs to involve, develop, engage and manage volunteer members
• Responsible for the development and recognition of volunteers
• Build quality into volunteering by introducing and refining different processes for managing the work from volunteers
• Develop and implement succession and transition plan
• Responsible for providing awareness of volunteer opportunities at the local and global levels
• Run Chapter VRMS (Volunteer Relationship Management System)
Role: VP of Communications
Time: 15-20 hours per month
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Elected volunteer is responsible for the timely dissemination of information both to and from the Chapter membership, using various tools to accomplish the objective.
• Organize a team to publish a Chapter newsletter on a periodic basis. It is to report the results of meetings and activities that have occurred, as well as provide announcements of future events. The newsletter also needs to provide articles, advertisements, announcements and information of general interest to chapter members.
• Organize subcommittees, when requested, for the purpose of direct telephone solicitation for meeting and workshop attendance.
• Inform Vice President Programs as well as Vice President Finance of expected attendance.
• Distribute a six (6) month calendar of events a minimum of every three (3) months showing planned meeting and activities. Event information provided by other Board Members.
• Notify membership not less than ten (10) days before all special meetings called by the President.
• Notify membership not less than twenty (20) days before all general meetings.
• Receive from Vice President - Membership, and maintain up-to-date copy of the mailing list for use in mailing Chapter event notices, newsletters and annual report.
• Obtain information from the Vice President - Programs, and mail meeting notice to the mailing list of all chapter members and prospective members not less than twenty (20) days before the program.
• Notify membership of all officer nominations thirty (30) days before election.
• Monitor and report upon the general membership's requirements and response to Chapter programs. This includes the preparation, analysis, and reporting on questionnaires and other evaluation devices.
• Prepare an annual survey of the chapter membership during the fourth quarter of each year. Summarize the results of the survey and distribute to all Board members. Also maintain a copy of all source documents for use by Board members in planning their activities. The annual PMI survey may be substituted for the annual Chapter survey.
• Manage Website information and merge to facilitate creation of Chapter Newsletter
Role: VP of Education
Time: 12-15 hours per month
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Elected volunteer responsible for promoting Project Management Professionalism through the development of educational publications, seminars, and workshops designed to help Project Managers achieve certification as Project Management Professionals (PMP's).
• Provide the membership with professional workshops and seminars designed to improve their development in the field of project management.
• Establish and oversee a volunteer group charged with the task of developing and delivering a certification examination preparation workshop to be offered a minimum of once each year.
• Maintain close coordination with and information on local/regional P.M.I. recognized Sylvan Training Center certification test site.
• Establish and maintain a Chapter Library of project management reading material and professional publications.
• Work with local educational institutions to enlist their support of Project Management Professionalism through P.M.I. and the local Chapter.
• Coordinate and maintain certification preparation workshop modules to insure they reflect the types of changes being made to the P.M.P. certification exam.
• In coordination with the Vice President of Communications, actively pursue paid PM workshop attendance by the public at large.
• Prepare monthly status reports for presentation at Chapter Board meetings.
• Maintain and deliver all permanent records to the position successor as required.
Role: Meet Me in Savannah Project Manager
Time: 15-20 hours per month
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Nominated by the board volunteer is responsible for the planning and then delivery of the Meet Me In Savannah conference.