Open Call for Volunteers….
Are you looking for a way to advance your project management experience?
There are many ways that you can contribute to PMI as a volunteer and advance your career. Our volunteer opportunities encompass a wide range of interests, skills and goals, so find the opportunity that’s right for you.
PMISavannah is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, comprised of 9 member-elected directors who serve one or two year terms. The collective wisdom, experience, diversity and passion of the Board ultimately sets and executes PMISavannah’s core ideology: our core purpose — reasons for being, and our core values — the essential and enduring principles that guide our chapter. Our vitality and relevance is driven by the PMISavannah Board and its volunteers.
Role: VP of Volunteers
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Elected volunteer responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing the special events of the PMI Savannah Chapter.
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment and/or retention
- Responsible for providing clear expectations to volunteers regarding their roles
- Understand and leverage experience of volunteers and direct them to various initiatives in the chapter
Role: VP of Communications
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Elected volunteer is responsible for the timely dissemination of information both to and from the Chapter membership, using various tools to accomplish the objective.
- Update website monthly calendar showing planned meeting and activities. Event information provided by other Board Members.
- Notify membership not less than twenty (20) days before all general meetings.
- Obtain information from the Vice President - Programs, and mail meeting notice to the mailing list of all chapter members and prospective members not less than twenty (20) days before the program.
- Monitor and report upon the general membership's requirements and response to Chapter programs. This includes the preparation, analysis, and reporting on questionnaires and other evaluation devices.
- …..additional descriptions…..
Role: Meet Me in Savannah Project Manager
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Nominated by the board volunteer is responsible for the planning and then delivery of the Meet Me In Savannah conference.
Please let us know your area of interest and we very much look forward to hearing from you soon.